- Product Details
The many and varied uses for these non slip flooring sheets are best illustrated by the ingenious ways of using them that our customers find. Recent applications include marina walkways, warehouse floors, disabled access ramps, factory walkways, even an entrance area to a retirement home (the client chose yellow sheets for a more welcoming look).
Here Are The Benefits You’ll Get From Using SlipGrip Heavy Duty Flat Sheet
SlipGrip Heavy Duty Flat Sheets comprises a high quality composite of glass woven matting impregnated with isophthalic polyester resin. The energy absorption and flexibility of the product, ensures its long life, even in the busiest of environments.
Our ExtremeCore™ is added in the final layer of laminate providing an excellent slip resistant and hard wearing surface.
SlipGrip Flat Sheets resist a wide range of chemicals and are perfectly suited for use even in the harshest of environments. Chemical resistance guides are available on request.
Simple to install
Fix SlipGrip Flat Sheets to almost any surface such as concrete, steel or wood. It can be walked on straight away to minimise downtime.
You can install our SlipGrip Flat Sheets easily and quickly with our SlipGrip GRP Flooring Sheet Fixing Kits
1 Fixing Kit covers 1 Full Sheet 2400mm x 1200mm
SlipGrip Flooring Sheets come with a predrilled option which includes predrilled holes - if you require the holes in a certain place please call 01440 712722.
One of our most prestigious clients is Heathrow Airport, who fitted SlipGrip Heavy Duty Flat Sheets to internal areas around walkways and the car park, using a mix of black and yellow to demarcate different areas.
Difference between Standard & Heavy Duty Products
Standard Heavy Duty Grit Type: Standard ExtremeCore® MOHS Hardness Scale: 7 9 Suitable For: Industrial and Commercial Premises Areas of Heavy Traffic PTV Test Reading Dry: 71 76 PTV Test Reading Wet: 63 70 Traffic Level: Medium Heavy Prices From: £11.40 £16.75 Sheet Thickness: 4-5mm with grit 5-7mm with grit Guarantee: 1 Year 10 Years
This product is covered by our 10 year guarantee against breakages. If it breaks, we’ll replace it! Call us on 01440 712722 to find out more about our guarantee or click here for the terms.
- Specifications + Technical Data Sheets
Sizes Length Choice of 800mm, 1200mm, 2400mm Width 1200mm Thickness 4mm FibreGrid offer a free cut-to-size service if the above sizes aren't suitable for you. Call 01440 712722 now to place your bespoke order. Colours Black Bronze Gold Grey Onyx Pure Silver Quartz Stone Yellow
- How To Apply
- Ensure that the area you are fitting SlipGrip Heavy Duty Flat Sheets to is clean, dry and free from loose and friable material.
- Any “dished” or damaged surface areas should be patch repaired to provide a reasonably flat and consistent surface.
- If you are trimming SlipGrip Heavy Duty Flat Sheets yourself, make sure you use a skill saw with a 4mm diamond blade or an angle grinder with a 1mm blade to ensure the sheets are cut safely and properly.
- Please ensure that goggles and gloves are worn at all times when any form of cutting is involved.
- Apply a 6mm bead (this may need to be increased dependant on the substrate conditions) of high strength gap filling adhesive around the periphery of the underside of the SlipGrip panels approximately 25mm in from the edges.
- Then starting from the bottom left corner, come up at an angle (approx. 200mm across) and then down at an angle, to create a ‘peak and a trough’ - Repeat this until you reach the end.
- Immediately press the panel firmly to the substrate to ensure adequate transfer of adhesive (depending on the size of the bead, this will elevate the sheet by approximately 1-1.5mm). A firm bond will be achieved in about one hour under normal circumstances and conditions.
- Secure with mechanical fixings - Drill holes 15mm in from all edges at no more than 300mm apart from the centres. Depending on the width of the panels it may be necessary to provide fixing points at 600mm centres down the middle of the panels.
- As substrates vary considerably, additional fixings may be required to fix the panels down. If fixing down two pieces of flat sheet that is constrained by sides (i.e. a ramp with wall on either side) a 5mm expansion gap should be considered between the two or more sheets. This gap can be filled with a standard high modulus mastic.
How to Install SlipGrip® Heavy Duty Flat Sheets
- Case Studies
FibreGrid's Non Slip Flooring product, SlipGrip Flat Sheet has recently been installed at internal areas at Heathrow Airport, London.
The product was installed to provide an anti slip highlighted walkway around car park areas and other buildings at the Terminal. The main walkway was supplied in black with yellow SlipGrip Flat Sheet attached to the edges to highlight the walking area.
Nearly 250 square metres of SlipGrip Flat Sheet were installed in these areas without taking the area out of service as would have been the case if a wet system was used. As per the standard fixing method, the area could be walked on immediately.
Sheffield Girl's School
FibreGrid’s Heavy Duty GRP Stair Treads were installed by our installation team across the many stairwells in Sheffield Girl's School. Paired with our Heavy Duty GRP Sheets, the entire installation looks smart and is extremely slip resistant in a high foot trafficked area, offering a 10 years wear guarantee.
Easy to install, our Anti Slip Heavy Duty GRP Stair Treads are ideal for a quick and easy turnaround to minimise disruption.
- Request a Quote/Sample
Shipping Cost Sale Value: UK Next Day: Highlands & Islands: Europe Up to £100 £3.95 Flat Rate 20% of Sale 25% of Sale £100 - £500 5% of Sale 20% of Sale 20% of Sale £500 - £1000 5% of Sale 20% of Sale 15% of Sale £1000 - £3000 5% of Sale 16% of Sale 10% of Sale £3000+ 5% of Sale 10% of Sale 8% of Sale